Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lifeway VBS - Day 2/ craft ideas

Bee Intentional
May 24, 2012

I just started the first job(away from the home) I have had in over ten years.  I am not sure I am going to make it.  I am exhausted, flustered, and really concerned that my brain has no capacity to do anything outside of the home.  If only I could just stay home and cook and craft.

Today I want to show you what I have planned for day two of VBS.  The theme is God's power over circumstance.  The story is Daniel in the Lions Den.  We will be making pilots prayer log and lion magnets.  Enjoy the pictures I have posted below.


The magnet was made using a four inch fun foam circle and a smaller fun foam circle.  Glue rotini pasta on large circle to create the mane.  Put a face on small circle (I used foam pieces). Put magnet on back and attach verse of VBS theme on front.

The prayer log is super easy and inexpensive.  Cut a manila folder in half horizontally (this will make two logs).  Cut copy paper in half to fit inside.  Use a hole punch and punch two holes at the top of book.  Attach with twine or ribbon.  Allow children to decorate covers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment